Monday, June 27, 2011

Make your own Doggie Biscuits

My family was spending way too much money on doggie treats, so I searched high and low for a great healthy but cheap recipe so that I could make my own. Carter even helped me make them!!



Doggie Biscuits
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 egg
1 jar meat flavored baby food (chicken or turkey)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a wooden spoon, combine all ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl, or mix in your mixer as all ingredients are edible.
Place on a lightly floured cutting board, and knead about 10 times until smooth.
Using a rolling pin, roll dough until its 1/4 inch thick.
You can cut these in fun shapes like paw prints or bones, or something simple like cut in squares or use something small and circular. (I used a sprinkle lid)
Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
Cool completely before feeding to your doggie.

WOOF WOOF! YOU DID IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment